The 10th Annual Bert’s Redfish Challenge will be held at Bert’s Bar and Grill in Matlacha, FL on October 12, 2018 and October 13, 2018. This year we have partnered with the If I can Dream Foundation to help our good friend Shannon Jackson. Shannon was diagnosed with Stage 1-B Breast Cancer in September 2015. The following December, she began experiencing excruciating back pain. After months of enduring the pain, Shannon went for an MRI in May where they found she had Stage 4 Multi-Tumor Breast Cancer that had metastasized to her spine. The supplements Shannon requires for treatment cost $1,500 per month in addition to her Doctors, Specialists, tests, and monthly injections. She is a single Mother of 2 Daughters, Briana (17) and Aaliyah (15) and needs our help to continue her treatment and to support her family
For the last nine years anglers from across Florida have gathered in Matlacha, FL to compete in the Biggest Little Redfish Tournament in Matlacha. Don't miss out on the largest cash payouts in Matlacha with over $6,700 in prize money for a low entry fee of $400 per 4 member team. Register below today and get in on the fun!
Not only are we known for presenting one of the best fishing tournaments in Southwest Florida, our auction and raffle is recognized as one of the biggest and best in the tournament arena. Hundreds come to place their bids and buy tickets for chances to win items and trips donated by local businesses and companies from across the United States
Tournament Dates: October 12 and 13
Captains Meeting check-in starts at 6pm on Friday October 12. Meeting immediately follows check in. AT LEAST 1 TEAM MEMBER MUST BE PRESENT
Honor Start from any Launch Saturday October 13. Line in at 7am. Weigh Station open 12pm - 4pm. Teams must be in measuring Line by 4pm.
Location: Bert’s Bar and Grill - Matlacha, FL
(Just East of the Matlacha Bridge – Marker 55)
Cost: $400.00 per Team (4 Anglers per Team including Captain)
Combined length of two Redfish and one Mystery Fish to be announced at the Captains Meeting. Bonus 1/2 inch can be purchased for $100 in addition to entry fee.
1st Place: $3,000.00 Sponsored by: E2S Essential Electrical Service
2nd Place: $1,500.00 Sponsored by: Stevens Construction
3rd Place: $800.00 Sponsored by: Bert's Black Widow Harley Davidson
10th Place: $400.00 Sponsored by TEAM Jill Dean ReMax Realty Team
Bert’s Big Red Bonus: $1,000 – Single longest Redfish Sponsored by Allcare National
1. Have fun!!!
2. Entry Fee is $400.00 per boat (4 anglers max per boat including Captain).
3. At least 1 member from each team must be present at the Captain’s Meeting.
4. Winner determined by total length of TWO Redfish and ONE Mystery Fish to be announced at the Captains Meeting.
5. ALL fish must be photographed with a digital camera on Official Tournament Measuring Device issued at Captains Meeting with Team Number displayed. Fish MAY BE ANY LENGTH.
6. Each Captain will be given a Score Card for recording information of ALL fish caught with general location for research use.
7. No fishing within 500 ft. of Bert’s Bar and Grill or within 100 feet of other anglers.
8. Wade fishing is ALLOWED - No dropping off anglers at spots and coming back later to pick them up. The use of a combustion engine is prohibited while there is an angler in the water.
9. No exchanging bait/fish between boats.
10. Honor Start from any launch. No lines in the water prior to 7am.
11. Weigh in starts at 12 pm – All Teams must be in measurement line by 4pm for final weigh in… NO EXCEPTIONS. Teams assisting disabled boats must contact a tournament official prior to 4pm via phone 239-349-1129.
11. Tie breaker will be determined by the time Score Card is turned into the Weigh Master. First team to turn it in wins the position.
12. The weigh master has the final decision in all disputes.
13. Be courteous to all Officials and Participants!
14. Be safe!!
Highlights from the 9th Annual Bert's Redfish Challenge